Founded in 1904, the Centre County Historical Society (CCHS) is the oldest and largest history organization in the county, serving as the official historical society of Centre County. It is a community and volunteer based non-profit educational organization that works collaboratively with local, regional, county and state organizations in helping to preserve and promote the area's historic, cultural, and natural resources.
- Disseminates historical information about Centre County
- Offers programs and exhibits of historical and cultural interest for children and adults
- Marks and helps preserve and protect the Centre Furnace Mansion property and grounds, our newly acquired Boogersburg School, and other historical sites and landscapes in Centre County
- Maintains a collection of artifacts, books, manuscripts, maps and photographs
- Publishes and promotes interest in historically significant publications relating to Centre County
The CCHS Newsletter Mansion Notes online: