Special Assignments for Tour Activity Sheet
1. Assign one student or a group of students one of the following:
- Describe the light sources you see as you walk through the Mansion.
- What dried materials do you see? How are they used?
- Look for patterns or designs. Where do you see them? Can you draw them?
- Notice the door frames. How are they different?
- Describe any clothing you see. Is it for a child? For an adult? When do you think it was worn? By whom?
- Make a list of iron objects you see in the Mansion.
- What fabrics are used in the Mansion? Where?
- What evidence is there of music in the Mansion?
- What evidence is there of the presence of children in the Mansion?
- What numbers and dates did you hear on your tour?
2. Can you find the following? Assign the search before the visit.
- The secret staircase
- Potato shovel
- Calling card stand
- James Irvin's picture
- Painting of the canal at Howard
- Locks of hair
- Iron bench
- Crazy quilt
- Tortoiseshell combs
- Hitching post